As a boudoir photographer I hear women speak down about themselves pretty regularly, actually that’s usually how every initial contact goes. I’m too old, I don’t look like I used to, I don’t know how to pose, I don’t know what to wear, I need to drop a few lbs, I never wear makeup… these are just a few things commonly said. I’m here to tell you WHY boudoir is for every woman. Are you ready?
If you find a true boudoir photographer: one who specializes in not only the ability to take a quality photograph but one that makes an experience out of the session, they will remove all doubt from your mind and create an incredible, positive, and self loving environment for you. You will prance out of that session feeling like a supermodel, as you should! Boudoir is not just about taking pretty pictures in your panties, it’s a journey you have chosen to take for yourself by yourself… we are simply mediators in the journey to make sure it all goes as planned. The truth is: you have EVERY – SINGLE – INGREDIENT needed to love yourself, to appreciate who you are, to feel beautiful and to be confident. Our mission & passion is to push you to find that side of yourself.
So, let’s address some of the common misconceptions of boudoir (at least for our studio in Gainesville Georgia):
- “I’m too old.” WRONG! Majority of our clients are 35+, with a large number being in their 50’s. Celebrate your life, it’s never too late!
- “I don’t look like I used to.” Fair enough, but if you wait 10 more years then you could use the same excuse and I bet you’ll kick yourself in the butt for not doing it. Every woman has a story, you’re the only one that knows every page.
- “I don’t know how to pose.” Well, that’s okay! We literally pose you from head to toe, you will never question how it looks because we tell you and SHOW you throughout the session! We ALL think we aren’t photogenic… but that’s where being a boudoir pro comes in… you WILL be posing and photographing like a Victorias Secret angel before we’re done with ya!
- “I don’t know what to wear.” Girlfriend, I get it. Lingerie is somewhat intimidating for most women. Most of our clients don’t own any lingerie. Hell, it used to intimidate me too! Once you book your session you’ll get an entire guide on how to prepare for the shoot, including a wardrobe planner and even where to shop. You will NOT be lost. Oh, and the cherry on top? We have over 100 lingerie pieces from Xsmall to 4XL in the studio for ya’ll to use. BOOM!
- “I need to drop a few lbs.” I promise you that regardless of if you are +/- 10 lbs, it will not make a difference. We pose each and every client according to their body type and what their needs/wants are from the session. No more excuses!
- “I never wear make up.” That makes this even more exciting!! Our lead stylist, Staci, will give you the ultimate bombshell transformation and leave you speechless. Hair & makeup comes with every session, not because you need it.. but because it’s all part of the experience and pampering!
- “I feel bad spending money on myself.” Why? Women put their families first, this is true. But, how much of a better spouse and/or mother would you be if you had confidence and appreciation for YOURSELF? I will put money on it because I know the answer… your happiness rubs off on those closest to you. You deserve to be pampered, to feel confident, to enjoy a girls day in the studio!
So, what’s your excuse? Try me… I bet I have a rebuttal… check out what our clients have to say about their experience with us.