We recently had a student from The Creative Circus use our company as a model for a project. The gal that did the project was Kelly Gordon and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. I want to share some of the data from her presentation because I think it’s perfect for a blog post!
Prevention.com conducted a survey on women 40+ years old. Here’s what they found:
- 94% of women ages 40-59 years old and 83% 60+ said that intimate relationships are important to them
- 80% of all survey respondents said they feel optimistic about their future
- 82% of women said they were just as confident now as they were 20 years ago – or more so.
- Nearly half of the women in their 40’s and 50’s and 1/3 in their 60’s reported being happier now than they were 20 years ago.
- 55% of women said they think they look less attractive than 20 years ago – however only 5% ranked their looks as a top priority.
Can we pause here and do some thinking?
My personal opinion is that women 40+ are happier because they’ve found (or are finding) who they are and who they’re meant to be. The kids are nearly raised, the career is chosen, and we can finally take a breath and say – it’s time to do ME! Once you put yourself as a priority, you will start to feel better about yourself and all of your accomplishments. Step back and allow yourself a pat on the back. Growing up is tough, girls are being compared to celebrities and pushed to think they need to be just like them. How can you find yourself if you’re trying so hard to be someone else? In your 30’s and 40’s you start to accept that you are YOU and you are fabulous and you better make the best of it!
Despite what mainstream media and society would have you believe, women over 40 are feeling pretty good about themselves. They may not feel as attractive, but, they have found value in other aspects of who they are:
Our private group on Facebook: Glam Gang | has grown to over 5000 women, who are like minded and ready to cheer each other on! The groups main purpose is to maintain a positive community/support system of women who can feel secure about sharing who they are and creating new relationships that build each other up. Lets face it, we as women wear many hates, so many that it can seem that we forget about our own wants and needs in order to provide for those we love. Career, motherhood, relationships – these are all very important but sometimes you have to take a moment to focus on yourself with no apologies.
Be a little Selfish. Express yourself. Focus on what YOU want.
We provide a community where women can feel comfortable about being who they are without judgement and who can be among ladies whom they can relate to.
- Body positivity
- Non-judgemental thinking
- Freedom to express oneself
- Community over competition
- Strength in numbers
“Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.”